1961 Chevrolet Impala SS that is a TRUE SS SURVIVOR! Finished in the original red paint from the factory. Paint is in great shape for being original. PLEASE WATCH THE ATTACHED VIDEO WALKAROUND FOR MORE INFORMATION!
This is a power steering and power brake car. Under the hood is the correct 348 V8 that is paired with a 4-speed manual transmission. This has not been restored and has been well kept with the same family since 1963. Chrome and brightwork in nice shape and show well, but of course there are a few little dings here and there being that its original. Riding on white walls with correct SS hubcaps. Red and white interior is just as original as the exterior including original door cards, seats, carpeting, dash, and headliner. The previous owner did install seat belts on the front seat. Odometer reads 68,000 miles. Trunk has all original sheet metal as well as no bodywork done to this vehicle. Some factors that signify this being the real-deal include:
• This car would have come with a column mounted Sun tachometer, which has since been removed by the previous owner but you can still see the holes in the column where it was as well as holes on the inner driver's side fender well for where the underhood box used to be.
• Under the hood is the original and correct "FL" suffix code 348 V8, 305 HP (TO712FL) with correct original carburetor (Carter AFB - 3221S), cylinder heads (3781147), generator, and water pump.
• Correct, original anodized hood hinges.
• Hubcaps do not have the center hole drilled in them as the ones that the dealer installed spinners would have, making this factory 3-bolt SS hubcaps with retainer ring on the back side
• back side of dash has had the holes filled in (as would have been done at the factory) where the base model Impala would have had an emblem there.
Anyone that follows these cars know that it is difficult to prove a true SS in 1961.
We have done our best to give you the information that we have found with the car, and after our investigation, and especially since the car is nearly UNTOUCHED since new and has been in the same family since 63, IN OUR OPINION we believe this to be a real SS. Obviously, any potential buyer can draw their own conclusions and we welcome any visit in person or 3rd party inspections.
This is a great running and driving SURVIVOR Impala SS, this one is sure not to last long so give us a call today!
Give us a call at 507-386-1726 or email "firstname.lastname@example.org" to inquire about this vehicle.
TRADES WILL BE CONSIDERED AND FINANCING IS AVAILABLE
This particular vehicle IS ELIGIBLE for an extended warranty! Ask us for more details!
•••MN residents are responsible for tax, license and title procurement fees. Out of state buyers will only have a $100 Title Procurement fee, no tax or other fees charged.•••
- Impala SS
- Engine Type
- Engine Size
- 348 V8
- Fuel Specification
- Body Color
- Body Style
- Paint Type
- Interior Color
- Secondary Interior Color
- Seating Type
- Seat Material
- Shifter Type
- Center Console